The use of electric bicycles, or eBikes, is growing quickly throughout the world. An estimated 200 million electric bicycles are ridden around the world today and by 2050 that number is expected to reach 2 billion, according to the Electric Bike Worldwide Report.
The reasons for the explosive growth in electric bikes are numerous. The following are some of the key benefits of electric bikes.
- Smart Commuting
EBikes present numerous advantages when it comes to traveling to work, running errands or getting around town:
- You don’t need a car, so you’ll save on gas, insurance, parking fees, car maintenance.
- Easy parking. You no longer need to drive around in circles to find a parking spot
- Cut through traffic jams. Reduce your stress level and even get to where you need to go faster.
- Get good exercise rather than sitting in a car
- Easily bike over hills without getting sweaty
- You can bring a foldable electric bike on a bus or train, so you can commute to your final destination easier.
- Better Health
A University of Colorado study studied a group of new riders on pedelecs (electric bikes that are powered when a rider pedals) and found improvements in the riders’ cardiovascular health, including increased aerobic capacity and improved blood sugar control.”
- Riding an electric bike is good exercise even with an electric motor.
- Flexible exercise: Get as much or as little exercise as you like. An electric bike provides exercise for people of all ages and physical stamina
- Improved coordination
- Help the Environment
Riding an electric bike helps the environment at large, but also the immediate societal environment.
- No harmful greenhouse gasses from an eBike
- Ease traffic congestion
- A renewable/rechargeable form of transportation
- A Fun Lifestyle
An electric bike is ultimately fun and can add a great deal of adventure to your life.
- Explore further with an electric bike that you thought possible
- Get back into cycling if you haven’t done it in a while
- Enjoy the feel of the wind and sunshine while you ride
- Spend time with your loved ones outside